Directions to Tara Kadampa Meditation Centre
Address & contact details
Tara Kadampa Meditation Centre
Ashe Hall, Ash Lane
Etwall, Derbyshire DE65 6HT
Heruka Centre contact details for enquiries
Tel: 020 8455 7563
Fax: 020 8905 5280
Tara Kadampa Meditation Centre, Derbyshire
Car: London to Tara KMC
Tara KMC is approximately 2½ hours drive from London, 40 minutes from Birmingham and 1½ hours from Manchester.
• From London, leave the M1 at junction 23A, and join the A453
• At the 1st roundabout take the A453 towards Nottingham (signposted A50 Stoke). At the 2nd roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A50
• Leave the A50 at junction 5
• At the 1st roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A516 (signposted Derby). At the 2nd roundabout take the second exit onto the A516 (signposted Derby)
• Turn left onto Ashe Lane (signposted Sutton on the Hill)
• Tara KMC (Ashe Hall) is 500 yards on the right. Use AA route planner to plan your journey
Train: London to Derby
Trains direct from London to Derby leave from St Pancras station every half an hour or so. (St Pancras station is a short walk from Kings Cross Underground station - find out more about travel in London). The journey from London to Derby takes around 1hr 40mins on the direct train and prices vary depending on when you book.
Coach: London to Derby
Coaches from London to Derby leave from Victoria coach station every hour or so. The journey takes between 3½ and 5 hours depending on when you travel.
Air: East Midlands Airport
East Midlands Airport is just 20 minutes drive away from Tara KMC.
Taxi: Derby to Tara KMC
Taxis from Derby to the Centre cost about £15. There is a taxi rank at Derby train station. Local cab firms include:
• ADR Cars: 01283 814937
• Mickleover Cars: 01283 736777
• Swift Cabs: 01332 366266
Local bus: Derby to Etwall
The journey takes approx 25 minutes and costs £3.50. Go to Albert Street Bus Stop B1 and catch the V1 or V2 bus, which runs every hour or so. Disembark at the Spread Eagle stop. View the V1 & V2 local bus timetable online.
Walking: Etwall to Tara KMC
The whole walk takes approx. 15-25 minutes. Near the village church there's a large map showing Ashe Hall (Tara KMC) marked on it.
Head up Sutton Lane and when you come to some wooden steps on your right, go down them and through the underpass to your right.
Then follow the left path and you'll end up on Ash Lane, just off the Motorway.
When you walk up Ash Lane don't take the first gate signposted Tara KMC or you'll end up on the woodland walk.
Keep walking until you come to a second gate signposted Tara KMC and head for the big house.
Here's a local map showing the walking route.
top of page