Wake Up Smiling
– Aug 30: Happiness from a different source
– Sep 6: What is the Mind?
– Sep 13: Finding solutions to our daily problems
– Sep 20: Why meditate
– Sep 27: The benefits of meditation
About the classes
- There is no need to book and you can attend at any time
- Classes are for all levels and everyone is welcome
- Classes are self-contained and no previous experience is required
- The methods taught are beneficial to everyone, whether Buddhist or not
- At these drop-in classes people generally meditate sitting on chairs
- There is no physical exercise involved or any special clothing needed
Benefits of the classes
“The benefits of the teachings given in this course are, through sincerely practising these teachings you can solve your daily problems such as the problems of anger, attachment, jealousy and ignorance. You can maintain a peaceful mind all the time so that you will be happy all the time. You can maintain harmony and good relationships with your family, friends and others so that you can make others happy too. Especially you can make your human life very meaningful.
The benefits of training in meditation are, through sincerely training in meditation on the teachings given in this course you will attain spiritual realisations, which lead you to permanent liberation from all the sufferings of this life and countless future lives. There is no greater meaning than this. Even temporarily, whenever you experience problems, unpleasant feelings, depression or unhappiness you can solve these problems immediately by transforming your mind into peace through your meditation practice. The benefits of meditation are immeasurable”
Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, the Founder of Heruka Kadampa Meditation Centre – the main Kadampa Buddhist Centre in North London.