Series 1, Confidence to deal with painful feelings
– Feb 2: Meditations for peace of mind
– Feb 9: Overcoming harmful reactions
– Feb 16: Letting go of negativity
Series 2, Living without stress and frustration
– Feb 23: Meditation and positive thinking
– Mar 1: Embracing challenges and transforming adversity
– Mar 8: Solving daily problems with wisdom
– Mar 15: Dealing with conflict and disharmony
– Mar 22: Gaining inner freedom
(No classes: Mar 29 and April)
Series 3, Becoming the person you want to be
– April 12: Inner strength and confidence
– April 19: Beautiful mind, beautiful person
– April 26: Having the best solutions to our daily problems
– May 3: Wake up smiling
Series 4, Dealing with change when change is hard
– May 10: Discover your own source of happiness
– May 17: How to relax when things go wrong
– May 24: Create your own good luck
(No classes: May 31 and June 7)
Series 5, Transform your life, a blissful journey
– June 14, 21, 28; July 5, 12, 19;
About the classes
Imagine a life free from painful emotions like anxiety, stress, irritation, dissatisfaction and loneliness. But how can this become a reality? Buddha explained that all painful emotions are states of mind. By training in Kadampa Buddhist meditations you will learn the tools for changing your mind; from negative and painful to positive and peaceful.
In this series, we will look at effective Kadampa meditation-based solutions to everyday problems, which can be practiced by anyone, whether Buddhist or not. Each week will address a specific negative mind – and you will learn practical wisdom advice and meditations that will help you become free from harmful mental habits. In this way, you can become the person you truly want to be; happy, confident, loving and peaceful.
‘Sufferings, problems, worries, unhappiness, and pain all exist within our mind; they are all unpleasant feelings, which are part of the mind. Through controlling and purifying our mind we can stop them once and for all’. Transform Your Life, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
What to Expect
Each class is self-contained and you can drop in whenever you wish. There’s no need to book in advance, simply turn up and register when you arrive. We meditate sitting on chairs and there is no physical exercise involved or any special clothing needed. Everyone is welcome.
Most classes run for an hour and a half (or 45 minutes at lunchtime) and consist of:
- A short Buddhist prayer to prepare for meditation
- A simple guided meditation
- A talk on how to solve problems and find real happiness in daily life
- A guided meditation based on the teaching
- A chance to discuss the session after the class over a cup of tea
All proceeds are used to make Kadampa Buddhist meditation widely available.
Benefits of the classes
“The benefits of the teachings given in this course are, through sincerely practising these teachings you can solve your daily problems such as the problems of anger, attachment, jealousy and ignorance. You can maintain a peaceful mind all the time so that you will be happy all the time. You can maintain harmony and good relationships with your family, friends and others so that you can make others happy too. Especially you can make your human life very meaningful.
The benefits of training in meditation are, through sincerely training in meditation on the teachings given in this course you will attain spiritual realisations, which lead you to permanent liberation from all the sufferings of this life and countless future lives. There is no greater meaning than this. Even temporarily, whenever you experience problems, unpleasant feelings, depression or unhappiness you can solve these problems immediately by transforming your mind into peace through your meditation practice. The benefits of meditation are immeasurable”
Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, the Founder of Heruka Kadampa Meditation Centre – the main Kadampa Buddhist Centre in North London.