A wonderful opportunity to study Venerable Geshe-la’s book ‘Meaningful to Behold’The Teacher Training Programme (TTP) is an opportunity to gain deeper understanding and experience of the spiritual path. TTP includes systematic study, discussion & practice and enables you to learn practical methods for controlling and transforming our mind and find lasting happiness through a different source. TTP students have the opportunity to study and practice twelve subjects covering Sutra and Tantra, and by engaging in qualified retreat.
TTP runs weekly on Sundays from 10am to 2.15pm.
Classes begin from Sunday 22 January 2017.
Study ‘Meaningful to Behold’ on TTP and become a friend of the world
With Kadam John McBretney, the Resident Teacher of Heruka KMC.A wonderful opportunity to study Venerable Geshe-la’s book ‘Meaningful to Behold’, the commentary to the universally loved poem ‘Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life’ by the 8th century master Shantideva. With this commentary, the full effectiveness and profundity of this wonderful poem are revealed in full and made applicable for our time. This practical handbook is essential for those wishing to follow a way of life characterised by greater empathy and compassion for others.
For more details please contact the Education Programme Coordinator at Heruka KMC on 020 8455 7563 or email [email protected].
The benefits of studying on TTPFind out more about the three study programmes, why we need to study and a transcript of a talk given by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.
The books studied on TTPThe programme comprises the following twelve subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding fourteen commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
- The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
- Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
- The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary Heart of Wisdom
- Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
- Types of Mind, based on the commentary Understanding the Mind
- Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
- Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
- The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
- Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
- Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary Guide to Dakini Land
- Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
- The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
How much does TTP cost?The subscription fee for TTP is £45 per month for the duration of the course, including breaks. The monthly fee includes free attendance at any of our weekly GP classes and entitles you to receive a 25% discount on any day courses run by Heruka KMC.